Clayton Mark Model 2575K Hydrant Head Assembly 5451
NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA
5451 HYDRANT ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE
1. Turn water supply OFF.
2. Open hydrant to relieve pressure.
3. Loosen set screw. (Item 5)
4. Push brass rod down as far as it will go by hand to be sure the plunger is touching the seat.
5. Open handle (Item 9) approximately 30° from closed position.
6. Tighten set screw snugly.
7. Turn water supply ON.
8. Operate hydrant and make sure the hydrant is shutting off properly and flowing properly.
9. If hydrant still does not shut off, repeat steps 1 through 8.
10. Flow water through hydrant and then close completely to check for proper drainage by:
a) listening for water draining down pipe or
b) putting your hand over the hose connection to feel for a vacuum.If hydrant does not drain, see step 11.
11. To clear drain hole blockage, close off hydrant spout by using hose cap or by attaching and kinking a hose. Open and close hydrant to allow water pressure to clear blockage. Repeat step 10 to verify proper drainage. If hydrant still does not drain, repeat steps 1 through 10 to fully uncover drain hole.
CAUTION: Do not try to make the shutoff adjustment in one attempt or you may overadjust and cause damage to the plunger and rods. For this reason adjust in multiple small increments.